VINEYARDS & FARMING
Find our wines
Place of Production: 100% estate grown in our Sanel Valley Vineyards, Hopland, the southernmost town in Mendocino County.
Vineyard on western benchlands of a small coastal valley. This setting provides early morning sunlight. The mountain range provides partial shady and cool breezes during the afternoon sun and heat.
Soil: Mostly gravely, benchland loamy soils.
Mesoclimate: Dry, warm summers with mild rainy winters Southern Mendocino enjoys a similar climate to nearby Dry Creek Valley in Sonoma County.
Altitude: 500-600 feet above sea level.
MAP VARIETIES BY BLOCKDOWNLOAD
MAP BY SOIL TYPESDOWNLOAD
MAP BY YEAR PLATEDDOWNLOAD
Bud break on the vine, Springtime
Organic Farming Practice
Our farming practices focus on:
- Building a healthy soil rich in beneficial microorganisms and organic matter using composts and organic amendments and cover crops which is planted in between the vines.
- Minimal intervention to control vine diseases through spraying Certified Organic products by CCOF.
- Vineyard irrigation, by drip irrigation to carefully control our water usage since it’s a scarce resource and delivered to the vine the water needed.
- Weed management through mechanical processes only next to the vine, mowing when is needed between the rows.
- We encourage biodiversity by encouraging native flora and improving habitat along the edges of our vineyards, around our ponds and areas around.
Springtime soil mowing